For 4 people
- ½ onion gently fried in oil
- 50 g ham, 4 slices and the remainder diced
- 4 teaspoons of flour
- 1 cup of stock or water from cooking the green beans
- 100 g uncooked peas
- 200 g cooked green beans
- 200 g cooked baby broad beans
- 1 carrot cooked and diced
- 8 medium sized artichokes, 4 for frying in light batter and the rest quartered
- 8 chard stalks cooked, 4 for frying in light batter and the others for adding to the stew.
- 200 g cooked spinach, half for frying in light batter
- 4 freshly cooked asparagus, the stalks for frying in light batter.
- Flour and egg for the batter
- 2 poached eggs
Following the order of the recipe, lightly fry the diced ham with the onion. Add the flour and mix. Pour in the stock, add the peas and boil for a minute. Then add the rest of the vegetables except those reserved for frying in batter. Bring to the boil. Fry the rest of the vegetables in a light batter by dipping into flour then beaten egg. Quickly fry the ham and place the recently poached eggs on top, as well as the asparagus tips. Plate and serve immediately.